What Is Personal Information?
Why Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. Collects Personal Information
At Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. we collect and use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Provide mortgage brokering services and other related services to the Client and offer products and services best suited to their needs, including arranging and/or renewing loan(s)/mortgage(s), informing the client of other products offered or related services as approved by Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. or its affiliates that may be of interest to the Client;
- Advising Clients of the financial options, as well as, ongoing developments of the mortgage market and industry;
- Auditing the services provided to our Clients;
- Compliance with all municipal, provincial, federal and other applicable laws; and
- Such other specific purposes which are communicated to the Client by a member of Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. before collection of such Personal Information.
- required or authorized by law to do so, for example if a court issues a subpoena;
- a Client has consented to the disclosure;
- when mortgage services by Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. are provided to a Client requiring us to give Personal Information about a Client to a third party (for example, to a lender in a real estate mortgage transaction) the Client’s consent will be implied, unless the Client tells us otherwise;
- protection of Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. best interest;
- protection of the public interest such as the denouncement of criminal Activity such as fraud or money laundering. In all such cases, authorities are contacted and personal information may be disclosed;
- if we retain a law firm(s) to Act on our behalf for any reason; and if the information is already publicly known.
- The information is protected by legal privilege;
- Granting access would reveal confidential commercial information;
- The information was collected for purposes related to the detection and prevention of fraud;
- The information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process;
- The information would likely reveal personal information about another individual;
- The request is in vexation or frivolous;
- To protect our firm’s rights and property;
Except when otherwise permitted by law, we will only use a Client’s Personal Information for the purposes identified to the Client. When Personal Information is to be used for a purpose not identified, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the new purpose is identified prior to use.
How Do We Collect Personal Information?
The Client is our main source of information. With the Client’s consent, we may also obtain information directly from a third party to help us determine eligibility for various financial products and other related services. Consent is therefore important because without it, we will not be able to carry out the appropriate inquiries and it might be difficult for us to offer the credit or investment product requested. In most cases, consent is given on the forms used for specific products or, from time to time, on a separate form. The declaration of consent is clearly noted.
The most common method we use to obtain a Client’s consent is by way of the Client’s consent as confirmed by the application. Where practical, we may also obtain a Client’s consent through oral communications or other written documentation.
Our Clients may withdraw their consent in writing to us at any time, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. A Client’s refusal to provide, or subsequent withdrawal of, his or her consent may affect Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. ability to provide the Client with mortgage services or other related services. A member of Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. will inform the Client of the implications of such withdrawal. To withdraw consent, a Client should contact the Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. in writing at:
Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. (Albertafunding.com)
203, 51 Inglewood Drive, St. Albert, AB T8N 4E7
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We will use a Client’s Personal Information to provide financial advice and other related services to the Client, to administer our database, to include Clients in direct marketing Activities and for the other uses described above under the heading “Why Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. Collects Personal Information”. Under certain circumstances, Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. will disclose a Client’s personal information to third parties. Specifically, Personal Information may be used, shared and disclosed to, from, or with, the members of Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc., witnesses in a litigation proceeding, experts retained on a Client’s behalf, private investigators, agents retained on behalf of a Client, as well as such other third parties as are necessary to facilitate the matter for which the Client has retained our office and provided consent.
Under certain circumstances Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. may disclose Personal Information where:
Limiting collection and retention of Personal Information
Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. will retain Personal Information only for so long as it is needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was obtained and to meet our professional requirements as set out in our governing regulatory bodies and/or any other legal requirement, statutory or otherwise, from time to time.
Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. strives to ensure that a Client’s Personal Information is as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. endeavours to maintain adequate safeguards to protect against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification of Client’s Personal Information in the care of Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. (and associated company website AlbertaFunding.com) uses various methods to safeguard personal information, including physical security, computer and electronic security, destruction of information no longer needed, and contractual protections with third party data processors.
Client lists are never passed on to third parties other than affiliated members of Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. When they are hired, our employees and agents must undertake to respect the confidential nature of client information. Only employees and associates who need to view the file as part of their work have access to this information.
Accountability, Openness and Client Access
Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. will provide a Client access to their Personal Information. The Client may correct or amend any inaccuracies in the Client’s Personal Information. Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. has the right to refuse a request for access to Personal Information if:
AlbertaFunding.com Web Site
Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. may tell you about products and services through direct mail, telephone, email, or other means. If you do not wish us to do so, please advise Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. in writing of your wishes.
Communicating With Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc.
We recognize that convenience and quick access to advice must be balanced with security needs. We use many different means to communicate with clients, some of which are more convenient such as e-mail. Our emails are sent with industry standard encryption. However, such encryption does not guarantee privacy and security as encrypted messages can nonetheless be subject to interception and translation. If clients do not wish us to communicate by e-mail, they may speak with the Agent/Broker handling the matter about alternative arrangements.
For more information contact:
Alberta Mortgage Funding Inc. (AlbertaFunding.com)
203, 51 Inglewood Drive, St. Albert, AB T8N 4E7